California Security Ofﬁcers with Registrations (guard cards) must receive 40 hours of training as follows:
- 8 hours “Powers to Arrest” prior to an Ofﬁcer standing post.
- 16 hours of training within 30 days of issuance of registration, 8 of which must consist of two four-hour courses from the mandatory modules and 8 of which must consist of elective courses.
- 16 hours of training within 6 months of issuance of registration, 8 of which must consist of the remaining two four- hour courses from the mandatory modules, and 8 of which must consist of elective courses.
This course module, titled “Radio Procedures” is approved by the Bureau of Investigative and Security Services as in compliance with Business and Professions Code Sections 7583.6 and 7583.7 and Title 16, Division 7, Article 9, Section 643 of the California Code of Regulations.
This course corresponds to module III.S of the BSIS Course Outline. This is a mandatory course under the Course Outline and satisfies the requirement for 2 hours of training under the elective section of the Security Ofﬁcer Training Laws and Regulations.
III.S Radio Procedures – 2 hours
- The ofﬁcer will be provided with an understanding and working knowledge of the importance of two- way radio communication.
- The ofﬁcer will be provided a basic understanding of the proper techniques in the use of radios.
- The ofﬁcer will be given a practical understanding of basic phonetic alphabet when using radios.
- The ofﬁcer will be provided information on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Rules governing radio use.
A. Use of Two-Way Radio Communication
B. Proper Techniques
- Be certain how the radio works
- Identiﬁcation number of the radio and base unit
- How to identify oneself
- Channel in use
- Check radio at the beginning of each shift
- Whether or not a radio should remain in charger
- Back-up battery supply
- Use of ear phones and shoulder micro-phones
- Carrying the radio
- Know who else is listening to your transmission
- Understand safety warning for use of radios near ﬂammable materials, computers, etc.
C. Phonetic Alphabet and Codes
D. FCC Rules
0% Complete 0/2 Steps
0% Complete 0/3 Steps
0% Complete 0/3 Steps
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!